The Bureaus, Inc. – Privacy at a Glance
What types of information does TBI collect?
- Your account information that you provide us (such as – name, address, telephone number, email address, social security number, account number(s), financial information), whether submitted by mail, telephone, fax or electronically
- Information about you (such as – name, address, telephone number, email address, social security number, account number(s), financial information) that is provided to us by others acting on your behalf (such as – your spouse, power of attorney authorized representative, or attorney).
- Information about you (such as – name, social security number, information contained on credit applications, original creditor’s account number, balance of the account at the time of sale, and last payment date) that we receive from third parties (such as – credit reporting bureaus, account portfolio owners, original creditors, legal service providers, and collection service providers.
- Your interactions with our website and correspondence with us (such as – your IP address and website usage)
How does TBI use your information?
- In connection with our debt buying and collection activities
- To assist with recovering on accounts for our portfolio clients
- To operate our website
- To communicate with you
- To monitor, measure and improve our services, as well as our website
- To promote safety and security
Who does TBI share your information with?
- Communications with us may be shared as you direct
- With the three major consumer credit agencies
- With our legal and collections service providers
- With regulators and law enforcement
- With our affiliates and purchasers of our assets or business
- Call us at 1-800-445-6901; or
- Reach us by email or U.S. mail at:
The Bureaus, Inc.
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
650 Dundee Rd, Suite 370
Northbrook, IL 60062